The gorgeous city of Tallulah Falls is the nature enthusiast’s dream. Located in Habersham County, this resort town dates back to the Victorian-era and is the gateway to the breathtaking Tallulah Gorge State Park, which features soaring cliffs that line the rushing Tallulah River. The park’s hiking trails follow the ridge line of the gorge and even allow travelers to descend to its floor, where the river flows. People can cross the suspension bridge and get a gorgeous view of the dramatic Hurricane Falls. The trailhead is accented by the Jane Hurt Yarn Interpretive Center, which features a wildlife exhibit and information on the area’s history.
One of the most popular times to visit is between September and October, when the weather isn’t too hot and the foliage is changing colors. April through November is the time for Whitewater Boating Weekends, in which water is released from a hydroelectric dam upstream, creating conditions for white-water rafting and kayaking.
Hotels & Cabins
Things To Do
Tallulah Falls Events
- September 7 @ 7:00 pm - September 28 @ 9:00 pm
- September 14 @ 7:00 pm - September 28 @ 9:00 pm
- September 21 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm at Tallulah Gorge State Park
- October 5 @ 7:00 pm - October 19 @ 9:00 pm
- October 13 @ 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm at Tallulah Gorge State Park