Dillard, Georgia, is a small, rural town that sits in the Little Tennessee River Valley and is surrounded by the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains. Planted in Rabun County, it has a land radius of only 1.5 miles and was named after Captain John Dillard, a Revolutionary soldier who was awarded the land in honor of his service. He and his descendants established the town, and around 1907, the railroad arrived, connecting the city’s inhabitants to the outside world.
Today, Dillard’s main attraction is the Dillard House, an award-winning inn, restaurant and conference center that serves traditional Southern cooking. In addition, the town has become well known for its growing number of antique, craft, and specialty shops, and it hosts the two southernmost skiing areas.